Student Accounts RepresentativeEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/109341
Bard College seeks a Student Accounts Representative to administer billing, student account reconciliation, and financial aid verification. Performs other related responsibilities as required. This is a full-time, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Bursar. The Student Accounts Representative takes care of all billing and payments with respect to college tuition and fees and other miscellaneous charges. This office provides service to 1000 - 1500 students and parents per month via phone calls, in person traffic and email correspondence. This position requires attention to detail in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment responsible for enrolling families in the installment plan, processing refunds, and monitoring and taking action on current and past due accounts. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Provide quality customer service and professionalism to all customers, co-workers, students, faculty and staff.
- Accepts walk-ins, calls, and email correspondence on current, past due and delinquent student accounts.
- Handles a variety of customer situations and disputes using tact, diplomacy and patience.
- Performs cashiering and refunding functions for student accounts, following specific college procedures and policies.
- Set up charges each semester before enrollment starts.
- Process, review, print and mail student account statements.
- Process Outside Scholarships and Tuition Benefits.
- Process all In-House and Collection accounts.
- Processing 3rd Party Billings.
- Assists customers with inquiries regarding 1098-T tax reports.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the college's policies and procedures in regards to billing and refund policies, institutional and FERPA confidentiality regulations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Great communication abilities, including written and verbal communication.
- Patience, empathy, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Basic computer skills, including data entry, website navigation and other software.
- Effective time management, prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office setting.
- Previous experience in a college environment or customer service is a plus.
- Work is performed in a small office setting that may be, at times, noisy and intense with multiple interruptions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work 2 to 4 Saturdays a year and occasional evenings as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references through Interfolio.com at http://apply.interfolio.com/109341
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.