Digital Facilities ManagerEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/86924
The Photography Program at Bard College is looking for a friendly energetic, self-starting, technically minded individual to fill the vital role of Digital Facilities Manager in this diverse and exciting program. This is a full-time, exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Program Coordinator. The Digital Facilities Manager is responsible for administrative duties, facilities management and oversight and student advisory duties as they relate to the digital facilities within the Photography Program. The Digital Facilities Manager works with the Program Coordinator and the Program Director to ensure the smooth function of the Photography Program.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships.
The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement. Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Purchasing all supplies and equipment related to the digital facilities
- Facilitating maintenance and repairs of said equipment
- Communicating with and training of student workers and students using the digital facilities, management of student access lists.
- Regular updates of the photography program website
- Hardware and software maintenance and technical support for three digital imaging labs
- oversight and management of all user accounts
- installation of new equipment
- Hardware and software training and tutorials
- Troubleshooting technical issues with students
- Lab Equipment maintenance and technical support for three group digital labs (22 computers,16 printers, 5 scanners)
- Software maintenance each semester or as needed
- Weekly inventory of supplies and restock as necessary for all labs (inks, sheet paper, roll paper)
- Website management with upcoming events (lectures, visiting artists)
- Create and manage digital facilities access lists for seniors
Student Print Fee Management:
- Maintenance and oversight of the print tracking system
- Communicate with seniors with print totals at end of semester
- Facilitate collection of student print payments
- Manage log and coordinate payment deposits to Controller's office
- Coordinate with student accounts on delinquent accounts.
- Place orders for Senior Lab’s in Woods, and Junior Lab in Brook House
- Manage logistics for guest lectures: poster design/printing, technical support for lectures
- Communicate with Seniors on lab protocols, workshops, thesis show schedules, lab usage
- Tours with prospective MFA students
- Coordinate office set up logistics for summer MFA Assistants
- Excellent computer skills for Mac and related systems
- Strong organization and people skills with students
- High level of energy and creative problem-solving skills
- Mastery of Mac OS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, and Microsoft Excel is essential
- Experience with Epson printers and drivers
- Familiarity with scanning software, print tracking software, and basic HTML coding
- Familiarity with analogue darkroom work, and basic knowledge of photography is a plus.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed