Bard College at Simon's Rock
Communications and Marketing Operations CoordinatorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/118503
Founded in 1860, Bard College is an international network of highly innovative and admired educational institutions grounded in the liberal arts and sciences. A division of Bard located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the U.S. specifically designed for motivated adolescents to fully realize their academic potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. BA and AA degrees are granted in over 35 areas of study. Simon’s Rock attracts a diverse student population of approximately 400 students, drawn nationally and internationally, with a significant population of students identifying as LGBTQIA2S+.
For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has practiced the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18, an idea that launched the Early College movement in the United States and beyond. In 2015, Simon’s Rock launched Bard Academy, a two-year high school program for boarding and day students, with courses designed and taught by college professors and leading to entry into college after the tenth grade. In doing so, Simon’s Rock has connected high school and college in one cohesive, coherent six-year arc. In 2019, Simon’s Rock established the Early College Research Institute (ECRI), a locus for research into “what’s next” in Early College.
The Communications and Marketing Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing and plays a key role on the team. The position provides administrative support, helps create and uphold processes to improve departmental efficiency, promotes events, coordinates media buys, and partakes in other initiatives as assigned. The work of the position supports the priority efforts of the Office of Communications and Marketing to manage the Simon’s Rock brand, recruit students (in collaboration with the Office of Admission), and fundraise (in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Advancement). The Communications and Marketing department is a collaborative environment and this position will contribute to projects across a variety of media.
As a team member, you'll be contributing to a unique learning environment where students start college early. The mission of Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon's Rock is to inspire the curiosity and creativity of motivated younger scholars with a challenging, empowering, and inclusive education in the liberal arts and sciences. Our commitment to cultivating and maintaining a welcoming environment of equity and inclusion extends beyond the classroom to every member of the campus community.
Bard College at Simon's Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission.
The position coordinates the intake and progress of departmental and cross-departmental projects, supports event promotion and media planning, and upholds brand standards in all endeavors through the following actions:
- Manage operations (project management, file management, billing, purchasing, meeting preparation, and scheduling)
- Manage event promotion (manage online event calendar, craft event promotion e-blasts, coordinate production of event advertisements, and Merit pages)
- Plan media buys (research advertising opportunities and organize ad production schedule)
- Support internal campus communications (load messages into email marketing software and manage email lists)
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor, such as website updates
- Maintain compliance with all Simon’s Rock policies and procedures
- Support social media management when applicable (help strategize post ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Collaborate with campus partners on special projects (signage, campus store needs, etc.)
- Oversee student workers when applicable
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge about diversity, equity, and inclusion as critical components of academic excellence and student success
- Ability to facilitate outside relationships with media publications, contractors, and other vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with a diverse community
- Ability to generate strategic and creative ideas
- Knowledge of project management tools, social media platforms, email marketing software, content management systems, word processing applications, and basic design applications
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Interest in the unique educational model and mission of Simon's Rock
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
- Experience with project management platforms, such as Asana, Basecamp, or Wrike
- Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Emma, Constant Contact, or Mailchimp
- Experience publishing and/or managing website content on a CMS
- Photography and video production skills
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Submit your files to interfolio.com at http://apply.interfolio.com/118503. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.