Bard College at Simon's Rock
ECRI Program Associate , Alumni LibraryReporting to the Director of the Alumni Library, the Early College Research Institute (ECRI) Program Associate will provide support and oversight for ECRI collections, oversee day to day operation of ECRI, and collaborate with the library staff broadly on a range of aspects of library operations.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- maintaining the Simon’s Rock Archives and ECRI collections, including processing new materials and managing projects related to existing collections;
- responding to inquiries and research requests, both internal and external;
- identifying and developing new collections and collecting areas for the Simon’s Rock Archives and ECRI;
- communicating with multiple departments and constituencies to ensure smooth and continuous transfer of materials into the collections;
- developing ECRI program literature, website content, and promotion strategies;
- participate in planning and arrangement of conferences, retreats, and meetings; and
- support planning and publication of digital academic content.
- bachelor’s degree required; coursework in history, oral history, ethnography, or other subjects relevant to archives is desirable;
- experience with or demonstrated knowledge of early college;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps and aptitude for learning new technologies;
- research competency;
- ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize projects;
- effective communications skills in person, in writing, and online;
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; and
- ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time, 12-month position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Brian MIkesell, Library Director, at email@example.com with “Program Associate” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the United States specifically designed to allow highly motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has occupied a unique space in the educational landscape, practicing the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18. We strive to do so in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are valued. In 2014, Simon’s Rock opened Bard Academy at Simon's Rock, a two-year high school program for 9th- and 10th-graders on the path to starting college early.
The campus is located on 275 rolling and wooded acres in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, the center of the Berkshires and, according to Smithsonian Magazine, “the best small town in America.” Equidistant between New York and Boston, the Berkshires is a site of great natural beauty and numerous outdoor activities, as well as a cultural destination.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission.