Chief Sewer Treatment Plant OperatorDownload: Employment Application November 2019-1.pdf
Employment Location: All College Facilities
Hours of work are 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Under the supervision of the Physical Plant Department, and as delegated within the Buildings and Grounds and Administrative Management for trades, utilities, Grounds, housekeeping, and general operations.
1. Operate, maintain and supervise all aspects of a Grade 2 Sewer Treatment Plant including but not limited to the following; operate and maintain RBC's, tanks, chemical feed equipment, pumps PLC and SCADA systems; maintain sanitary cleanliness of work areas, the treatment plant and associated facilities; monitor plant operations on a regular basis; knowledge and ability to make changes as needed to insure final effluent quality meets or exceeds EPA and New York State Department of Health standards; knowledge of all current codes and regulations; perform all required laboratory work; perform necessary calibrations of plant and lab equipment; maintain records including graphs/charts, meter readings and test results; maintain chemical and spare parts inventory.
2. . Perform all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner.
3. To operate and make use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties.
4. Operate vehicles for purpose of transportation of materials and equipment in the performance of duties.
5. Maintain the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required.
6. Assist other trades for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
7. Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related campus systems.
8. Must have own hand tools to perform duties in a professional manner.
9. Perform other related work as assigned and overtime as required.
10. Conform to the safety and efficiency standards established by Bard college.
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- NYSDOH license requirements: 11A Sewer Operators Certification.
- Must have valid NY State drivers license.
The Bard College Application of Employment is attached and can be submitted by one of the following options:
Drop off: Human Resources office, Ludlow, Basement, 30 Campus Road, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Mail: Bard College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 5000, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
FAX: (845) 758-7826
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.