Communications Manager, Open Society University NetworkEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/80821
Bard College seeks a Communications Manager who will lead the development and execution of the Open Society University Network’s (OSUN’s) digital communications plan. The Communications Manager is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, editing, and deploying material that communicates OSUN’s vision as a new model of global higher education built upon a network of diverse institutions with deep partnerships that are committed to advancing open societies and addressing fundamental global challenges.
Based at Bard College, this position reports directly to the Director of OSUN Program Development and Communications and works closely with the Bard Communications Office and OSUN Secretariat. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Develop and implement an integrated digital communication strategy to advance OSUN’s mission and public profile.
- Lead the presentation of OSUN internally and externally through a portfolio of creative and engaging digital content. Shape the story and drive the conversation of OSUN’s vision, programs, and impact.
- Work closely with the Director of OSUN Program Development and Communications and the social media coordinator to craft and implement a communications strategy that reflects OSUN’s mission and engages our current and prospective audiences.
- Develop and execute internal and external communications platforms including e-newsletters and intranet.
- Develop a workflow plan to ensure timely and accurate collection, updating, and release of written and visual content for OSUN’s website and e-news.
- Write, edit, and proofread content submitted by OSUN member faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaborate with communications staff at OSUN partner institutions to share news and highlights of faculty and staff and to develop and execute plans for thematic campaigns.
- Manage and mentor student writers, editors, and videographers to ensure high-quality content for various platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in digital media, marketing, communications, design, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of strategic and hands-on digital communication experience.
- Experience in project management demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with content management systems, website flow and structure, email marketing, and video editing.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including the ability to proofread diverse materials for grammar, style, voice, and continuity.
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a track record of handling multiple projects with rapid turnaround.
- Excellent prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.