Al-Quds Bard, Palestine
Administrative AssistantEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/108485
Now approaching its fourteenth year of operation, Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program introducing a liberal arts undergraduate education to the West Bank, with an enrollment of approximately 331 undergraduate and graduate students. AQB’s undergraduate program, taught in English, is rigorous, culminating in a two-semester independent senior project, which, in many fields is a demanding research paper. The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program requires an equal amount of advanced study in the elected academic discipline (Mathematics, Biology, English, History, or Sciences), and in key education courses that challenge teachers to apply the results of research and pedagogical analysis to the actual work of teaching. Graduates of AQB receive two degrees: a BA or a MAT from Al-Quds University and a BA or MAT from Bard College (New York).
Al-Quds Bard College is seeking a dynamic administrative assistant to support its Academic Administration department.
The Administrative Assistant will be part of the Academic Administration department of the College and perform a variety of general administrative tasks. This position dually reports to the AQB Dean and the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration, as well as works closely with other AQB admin staff to resolve administrative issues.
This is a full-time, 12-month position, which requires a presence on the Al-Quds University campus in Abu Dis for the major part of five days per week (Saturday-Wednesday), between the hours of 8am and 3pm, with the possibility of changing the working schedule.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as principal administrative support for the academic leadership of AQB
- Organizes and maintains on-line and hard-copy files, including management of AQB Shared Drive, etc.
- Maintains Dean’s calendar and calendars of other senior academic administrators as needed; establishes and communicates meeting times
- Writes and distributes Meeting minutes: Joint Academic Committee; College Council; Plenary; Division meetings; committee meetings
- Assists Chief Academic Officer with management of academic records
- Assists with supervision of AQB Dean’s Fellow
- Assists in correspondence and files for Students on Academic Probation and Academic Honesty Committee
- Assists with correspondence, files and meetings for Study Abroad, Student Affairs Committee and Graduate advising
- Assists in documenting, archiving, and correspondence for Moderation and Senior Project processes
- BA required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google
- Organization, accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Core competencies: teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, time management, results-oriented, communication skills and flexible working hours.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the College to provide student-centered teaching and fostering critical thinking
- At least one to two years of professional experience; work in universities are an advantage
- Data entry and word processing skills
Please submit a CV; a cover letter that addresses your interest and background as it relates to this position; evidence of applicable experience; and three letters of reference through Interfolio.com by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/108485
Review of applications will commence on June 30, 2022 and continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.