Grounds ManagerBard College is seeking a Grounds Manager for the Building and Grounds Department. Under the supervision of the Director of Buildings and Grounds and Director of Grounds, the Grounds Manager is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the College’s entire grounds in all aspects. The Grounds Manager is also responsible for the removal of snow from all campus roads, walkways, stairs, and parking lots. The Grounds Manager must also complete any work assigned by the College in a manner to include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Supervising and training the grounds staff, schedule and organize work and work orders; instructing staff in the use of all required equipment; accomplishing work by promoting a “Team Concept”.
- Overseeing campus lawn care and related grounds work, the maintenance of roads and sidewalks, and parking areas; the removal of trash/recycling; event setups and deliveries
- Accountable to the College for all efficiency and productivity standards as established by the College; performing all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner.
- Operating and making use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties.
- Maintaining the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials required for the Grounds Department.
- Assisting other trades supervisors and managers for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
- Reporting specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related Campus systems; and working in a safe and professional manner.
- Light and heavy equipment operation
- Lawn maintenance care
- Snow removal operations and safety
- Event and furniture set ups/take downs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- NYS Certified Pesticide Applicator Class 3a
- NYS CDL Class B License
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Work in standard office environment
- Must be able to walk the grounds to supervise crew
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 - 50 pounds and operate heavy machinery
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, however additional education is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of verifiable experience as a Grounds Manager or related field.
- Verifiable professional work experience in grounds work, pesticide application, safety practices, experience in all equipment required for grounds maintenance and snow removal, qualified to operate vehicles requiring operator’s license.
- Must have a valid NY State CDL driver’s license and complete a college-sponsored defensive driver’s course.
- Must maintain immunizations as required by the College.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.