Program Officer, Open Society University NetworkThe Open Society University Network (OSUN) is a new global network anchored by Bard College and the Central European University that integrates learning and the advancement of knowledge across geographic and demographic boundaries, promotes civic engagement on behalf of open societies, and expands access of underserved communities to higher education.
Bard College invites applications for the position of Program Officer for OSUN, who will monitor and support current OSUN programs, organize the review process for proposals, facilitate coordination with OSUN partner institutions, and organize meetings of OSUN governance and management bodies.
- Monitor progress of current Bard-led OSUN programs, compile updates, and review and assess program reports
- Track program spending and assess financial reports
- Arrange programmatic and administrative support, as needed, for programs
- Organize the process to regularly invite, collect, and review concepts and proposals for new OSUN programs
- Advise program leaders on the development of their proposals and budgets
- Review and assess proposals and budgets for new programs
- Facilitate communications, collaboration, and coordination of Bard faculty and administrators with OSUN partner institutions
- Prepare reports and background materials and coordinate logistical arrangements for Board of Directors, Coordination Council, and General Assembly meetings
- BA in a humanities, social science, or other relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience with higher education, grant making, or other relevant programs
- Commitment to and understanding of liberal arts education and international collaboration
- Skilled in developing or analyzing proposals and budgets
- Experience with database management is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, trouble-shoot, and follow projects through to completion
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and work independently with high self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals
- Exercise sound judgment and, as needed, discretion in carrying out responsibilities
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at http://apply.interfolio.com/76474.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.