Assistant Chief Water & Sewer Treatment Plant OperatorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/119702
Bard College seeks an Assistant Chief Water & Sewer Treatment Plant Operator who is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and system supervision of the following: all aspects of Grade 2 Sewer Treatment, Surface Water Treatment Plant, site water treatment, water feature support services and the operation/maintenance of the College swimming pool.
The schedule for this position is as follows: Friday through Tuesday, 6 AM-2:30 PM. Days off are Wednesday and Thursday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate/maintain RBCs, clarifiers, filters, valves, tanks, chemical feed equipment, pumps, PLC and SCADA systems as well as water distribution systems (system valves, hydrants and backflow devices).
- Perform testing/sampling and laboratory work for compliance, ensuring that final sewer effluent quality and finished water quality meets or exceeds EPA and New York State Department of Health standards.
- Maintain sanitation standards of work areas within treatment plants, associated equipment rooms and all related facilities.
- Perform all required maintenance on water features, ensuring the proper water quality and chemistry.
- Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions and maintain records including graphs/charts, meter readings and test results for monthly water treatment.
- Operate vehicles for transportation of materials and equipment.
- Operate required mechanical equipment related to specific duties.
- Maintain chemical and spare parts inventory/retain necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required.
- Assist other trades within the Buildings & Grounds department for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
- Must have own hand tools to perform duties as required.
- Perform other related work as assigned and work overtime as required.
- Complete all projects in accordance to standards for safety and efficiency as established by Bard College.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Maintain the following NYSDOH licenses: llA Sewer Operators Certification, lIA-SW/GUl Filtration Plant, D-Distribution System and Backflow Device Test Certification.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of EPA and New York State Department of Health standards, current codes and regulations.
- Must be proficient with computers and SCADA programs.
- Possesses good communication, interpersonal and comprehension skills.
- Lift equipment certification desirable—willingness to pursue lift equipment certification is acceptable.
- Must have valid NY State driver's license.
- Normal vision range, including the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Normal hearing range
- Ability to use and carry job related tools and equipment
- Manual dexterity to operate job related tools and equipment
- Ability to stand and walk for duration of the day
- Frequent bending, stooping, and reaching above the head as well as climbing ladders and stairs
- Lifting, transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering large loads weighing up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Hand/eye coordination and depth perception
Please upload a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/119702