Center for Curatorial Studies
Security Officer, Part-time/CasualDownload: Bard College application of employment.pdf
Responsible for the visitor services, security and monitoring of CCS BARD HESSEL MUSEUM activities and facility as directed by the Security Manager and Director of Exhibitions and Operations. Responsible for ensuring the safety of campus students and employees and the security of collection assets at the museum following standard museum practice.
- Responsible for the patrolling and order of the museum, galleries, and facility in general.
- Facilitate access control
- Responsible for, but not limited to, the operation of the security equipment, i.e. CCTV systems, and fire/security alarms, the communications system, and exhibition related audio visual and display equipment.
- Prepare and maintain accurate logs and written reports, as required.
- Provide crisis intervention and mediation in required situations.
- Provide assistance and information to the staff and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required; Minimum 1 year of security or hospitality experience; museum security experience a plus; strong interest in representing the mission of the school, museum, and contemporary art.
- Must be able to successfully complete the New York State 8-hour Pre-Assignment Training Certification.
- Must be able to successfully complete the New York State 16-hour On-the-Job Training.
- Must maintain a New York State Safe Driver Certification and a valid New York State Drivers License.
- Applicants must currently be registered with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, Bureau for Municipal Police, Security Guard Division.
- Position requires good character references and good health, especially in hearing and eyesight, and good personal habits, such as neatness and dependability.
- Position requires mental alertness, emotionally stable and physically fit to deal with emergencies.
- Attention to accuracy, ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and strong follow up skills required.
- Acceptance to diverse, open-minded behaviors and/or actions.
- Ability to deal with and use discretion with confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong literate, verbal, and written skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to use equipment, such as hand radio, computer and telephone.
The Bard College Application of Employment is attached and can be submitted by one of the following options:
- Human Resources office, Ludlow, Basement
- Mail: Bard College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 5000, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
- FAX: (845) 758-7826
- Email: email@example.com