Web Production SpecialistThe Bard College Information Technology department seeks a well-rounded web professional with hands-on experience building webpages, managing complex websites, and content production. A successful candidate will work as part of a team to build mobile-first, accessible, and standards-compliant websites for the undergraduate college and greater institutional network. A successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of web best practices including responsive design, information architecture, user experience, interactive design, analytics, SEO, web optimization, versioning, and web accessibility. We are seeking an individual with a combination of technical experience, strong team ethic, and excellent communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Web Services Group.
- Self-motivated web developer with a desire to stay current on new technologies and solutions.
- A highly organized multitasker who is able to work independently and in a team environment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Work within a CMS-driven environment to create, update, and expand college web content.
- Develop an understanding of the internal stakeholders and external audience.
- Effectively employ information architecture to enhance and simplify the user experience.
- Follow established web-team coding standards and college branding and style guides.
- Anticipate issues from internal and external constituents and assist in generating solutions.
- Understanding of and commitment to Bard College’s vision, mission, and values.
- Bachelor's degree in digital media, marketing, communications, design, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant web production experience.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of HTML and ability to hand-code.
- Expertise in creating and applying custom CSS (SASS and Flexbox a plus).
- Experience updating websites utilizing a web content management system.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or digital graphic-art production.
- Understanding of website best practices, SEO techniques, and WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines.
- Provide at least 3 samples of recent web work.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.