Junior AccountantBard College seeks a Junior Accountant for the Controller’s Office to support the Controller, Assistant Controller, and Senior Accountants in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department. This position will perform payroll accounting functions for the college, including schedules to report tax liabilities and 403(b) contributions. Additionally, this position will pay tax liabilities to municipalities, and create and send files for 403(b) submission.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Controller and Assistant Controller. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Upload 403b contributions for each payroll.
- Assist auditors by providing documentation and/or information as required.
- Assist in handling restricted accounts.
- Reconcile due to/from accounts.
- Assist in recording accounts receivable payments from faculty and staff.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Controller.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required. Degree(s) must be from an accredited institution or university.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data and exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in use of MS Word.
- Must have very good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at http://apply.interfolio.com/76610
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.