Curatorial TechnicianEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/113841
Bard College Seeks a Curatorial Technician/Housekeeper for its Montgomery Place Mansion and associated buildings. This is a part-time position and will be scheduled for no more than 25 hours per week.
Under the joint supervision of the Collections Manager and Collections Coordinator, the Curatorial Technician is primarily responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Montgomery Place mansion house, Butler South building and other locations that may be named in the future. As part of the Collections Team, the Curatorial Technician performs a variety of tasks to maintain museum objects on open display. The position also assists with art handling (training provided) and installation projects as required.
The Curatorial Technician will complete any work assigned by the College in a manner to include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Inspect building, checking for mold, leaks, pests, broken windows or any issues needing repairs each work day.
- Fill out and submit pest reports as needed.
- Clean and maintain all Museum objects on display.
- Vacuum and dust main floor each work day.
- Vacuum and dust second and third floors bi-monthly.
- Wash all windows annually.
- Clean the main entrance each work day.
- Clean basement and south entrances weekly, more often if needed.
- Clean north porch and furniture once weekly.
- Clean bathroom each work day.
- Empty trash each work day.
- Deep cleaning annually (typically during winter months) of first-floor rooms.
- Assist when needed with collection moves, inventory documentation and installations.
- Create and maintain storage housings and apply accession numbers as needed.
- Order all cleaning supplies for building and bathroom.
- Dusts, mops and vacuums.
- Clean corridor weekly, main storage area quarterly or more if needed.
- Deep cleaning of book collection annually.
- Complete other projects as needed and per direction of the Collections Manager and Collections and Operations Coordinator.
- Performs all specific duties in a diligent, professional and workmanlike manner.
- Assists other trades supervisors and managers for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
- Reports building deficiencies and unsafe conditions to supervisors and/or through established campus systems.
- Works in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintains a good attitude and works well with all College departments.
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent, higher education preferred.
- Responsible, organized, and highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to perform manual labor requiring complete mobility, including extensive bending, stretching, kneeling, and climbing stairs and ladders, as well as carrying light to heavy weight objects.
- Excellent dexterity skills, ability to handle a wide variety of artworks, and capability to manipulate both heavy and fragile objects.
- Physical ability to visually identify objects and read accession numbers.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information (including email address and phone number) for three professional references through Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/113841