Administrative Assistant, Social Studies (part-time)Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/79947
Bard College seeks an Administrative Assistant responsible for assisting with the administration of the Division of Social Studies office. The Administrative Assistant is a liaison in the office for faculty, staff, students and outside clients for the Division. The Administrative Assistant position will report directly to the program coordinator of the Division. This is a part-time, non-exempt position. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Establish and maintain a service-oriented relationship with division faculty, students and campus departments.
- Submission of requisitions (reimbursements for faculty, research and travel reimbursements, etc.).
- Organize and oversee department events such as fall and spring Open Houses for all programs within the division.
- Organize and plan for outside lecturers; catering, travel, and advertisement of events.
- Assist with calendaring for the program. Aid in scheduling student moderation and senior project boards.
- Assist in organizing course lists each semester for all programs within the social studies division.
- Maintain office supplies; handle requests for office materials, supplies, and services. Maintain photocopiers, fax machines, networked printers, and other office equipment.
- Perform general office tasks, including scanning, printing, emailing, handling mail, assisting new faculty with orientation, and word processing as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma, 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- The candidate will have the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive tasks, have excellent computer skills (particularly in Microsoft Office and Google), and the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- A sense of humor is essential. and willingness to be a part of an intellectually stimulating community is a given.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at:http://apply.interfolio.com/79947
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.