Gift Recorder - Office of Development and Alumni/ae AffairsEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/109300
Reporting to the Director of Development Services in the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs (ODAA) of Bard College, the Gift Recorder is responsible for accurately recording and receipting all gift and pledges of charitable contributions to the College and its programs. Bard accepts contributions in various forms of tender such as: cash, checks, securities, gifts-in-kind, credit cards, bank drafts, matching gifts, IRA/QCD, donor advised funds, payroll deductions and other property. Donors represent a broad range of parties including alumni and friends of the college, parents of students, corporations and foundations. Funds arrive via a variety of different giving platforms such as online giving, crowdfunding, lockbox, and EFTs.
This position communicates with internal and external constituents to clarify donor intent and ensure the proper information required by auditors for substantiation of recorded transactions, follows established procedures for processing and validating transactions and assists in updating policies and procedures, as necessary. The Gift Recorder will develop an understanding of complex and unique gift processing requirements for Matching Gifts, Corporate & Foundation grants, Planned Giving, and Donor Advised or Directed gifts.
The position is located at Bard College’s main campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., home to 1,900 undergraduate students. ODAA also serves the College’s multiple graduate programs, the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts, the Hessel Museum of Art, the Bard Prison Initiative, the Bard Early Colleges across the country, and a number of international campuses and partnerships.
- Process and record all received gifts, pledges, and grants in the College CRM on a daily basis. This includes online donations, those received through securities, credit cards, payroll deductions, wire transfers, and matching gift programs.
- Administer third party matching gifts that arrive via platforms like Benevity, JustGive, etc.
- Prepare deposits of checks and cash, and deliver to Accounting/Finance department on a daily basis.
- Perform valuation of gifts of stocks and securities.
- Scan and archive paper backup of donations in conformance with the department’s document management policies.
- Send email notifications to appropriate personnel notifying them of donations.
- Create new donor/constituent records in the College database and update constituent information when received.
- Generate reports that support downstream processes (e.g. receipting and acknowledgement).
- Generate alerts and notifications to concerned colleagues about significant gifts.
- Support ongoing financial reconciliation with Accounting/Finance and participate in annual financial audits.
- Provide direct assistance to donors experiencing difficulties while attempting to give.
- Ability to work during peak processing periods, specifically, mid-December through mid-January, and mid-June through mid-July.
- Assist with campus wide events, such as Commencement /Reunion Weekend, Arrival Day, and Family Weekend and other events as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan, organize, and track multiple priorities simultaneously
- A strong commitment to the ethical handling and management of highly confidential financial and personal information
- Strong work ethic with the ability to manage tasks independently while remaining a member of a dynamic fast paced business office
- Proficiency in or ability and willingness to learn and stay current on IRS tax-deductibility rules and regulations as they relate to charitable giving and the College.
- Customer service orientation
- High school diploma; B.A., B.S., or A.A. preferred
- Knowledge of Technolutions’ Slate or other CRM system, particularly as used to support non-profit fundraising.
- Familiarity with basic accounting/bookkeeping
- Previous gift recording experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the contact information for three professional references to Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/109300
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.