Production ManagerEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/87334
The Bard College Publications Office seeks a versatile, creative, and detail-oriented Production Manager. This position reports directly to the Director of Publications. This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month per year position. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Art research for projects such as the College magazine and music festival publications.
- Obtain digital files of stock photos or fine art reproductions, or commission work for projects as needed, some of which require extensive permissions that involve artist rights agencies, fee payments, direct contact with the artist, artist’s estate, galleries, or museums, both domestic and abroad; confirm budget with client; obtain accurate title and credit for all imagery for all projects.
- Hire, schedule, and accompany photographers around campus (if necessary) for a variety of events, classroom photo shoots, specific portraits, and Commencement; confirm budget with client, follow up as needed to acquire files, and submit invoices. Note: these events are sometimes after hours and on weekends.
- Oversee production of undergraduate and graduate programs diplomas as well as for Bard’s satellite campuses, both domestic and abroad. Also oversees ordering of diploma covers and delivery to multiple locations.
- Attendance of Commencement events is mandatory in order to oversee photography; no vacation time is permitted in the month of May.
- Discuss project requests with clients and with the Director of Publications; create production schedule for each project; provide text- and photo-submission guidelines; and remind client of upcoming due date as necessary.
- For projects that recur regularly, contact clients at the beginning and middle of each year to confirm projects; discuss any changes; and create production schedules.
- Maintain project records and photo archive.
- Maintain and update status list for each project and share weekly with Publications staff.
- Update office budget weekly; obtain Check Requests and Purchase Order Numbers; submit invoices for services such as freelance photographers, designers, writers, and vendors and track payments; order office supplies.
- Duties will also include a variety of deliveries and pick-ups around campus.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Facility with Microsoft Word and Adobe Programs on a Mac.
- Ability to assist with the moving of boxes and office supplies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (as needed):
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at:http://apply.interfolio.com/87334
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.