Bard Prison Initiative
Executive Assistant, Bard Prison InitiativeEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/98973
Bard College seeks an Executive Assistant reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Initiatives and Executive Director of the Bard Prison Initiative (BPI). This full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position is in person and located on the Annandale campus of Bard College.
This is a demanding position that provides administrative support for a senior executive who oversees a wide array of projects in unusual and challenging circumstances. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
Bard College has a vaccination requirement for students, faculty, and staff, including this position.
Formed in 1999 to address the mass incarceration crisis, the Bard Prison Initiative (BPI) defies expectations of who college is for and where it might lead. For twenty years, BPI has reimagined and redefined questions of availability, affordability, and expectations typically associated with college in America. One of the most rigorous and effective college-in-prison programs in the country, BPI is now extending its radical intervention in educational inequity outside of prison through the Bard Microcolleges and BardBac.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing challenging calendar and arranging travel for the ED;
- Responding to and drafting/editing correspondence;
- Fulfilling administrative functions, such as preparing requisitions, maintaining records, and managing organizational-wise processes;
- Troubleshooting complex matters that arise in a timely fashion;
- Communicating with high-level internal and external constituencies on behalf of the ED;
- Overseeing office budget and management;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to BPI’s mission of defying expectations of who college is for and where it might lead;
- Bachelor’s degree and administrative experience at the executive level;
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced setting;
- Absolute discretion regarding confidential information;
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive matters;
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and time management abilities;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, G-Suite, Acrobat Pro;
- Experience in higher education institutions or non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a standard office environment;
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds;
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the names of three contact references by following this link to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/98973