Head Athletic TrainerEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/110755
Bard College, located in the Hudson Valley of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Head Athletic Trainer. Bard is a member of the NCAA Division III, Liberty League, United Volleyball Conference and College Squash Association, and sponsors nineteen intercollegiate programs.
The Head Athletic Trainer reports to the Director of Athletics on all matters related to the position description listed below. The individual is a member of the College’s Student Services Staff and participates in related meetings and committees. This is a full-time, 10-month position.
Areas of responsibilities are as follows:
- The Head Athletic Trainer will supervise two full-time Assistant Athletic Trainers and is responsible for the rehabilitation for all varsity student-athletes.
- Coordinates and supervises medical coverage for all varsity team practice and home intercollegiate events, including direct supervision of several sports and hiring of per diem Athletic Trainers as needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of injury, illness and rehabilitation management and related documentation for student-athletes. Develops a schedule for pre-participation physicals alongside appropriate medical professionals.
- Manages and supervises all aspects of the athletic training facility, including; annual budget management and inventory, hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of student staff, First Aid/CPR/AED certification for coaches and the maintenance of these records; inspection and maintenance of all modalities and athletic training facility equipment.
- Fosters the existing relationships with the outside orthopedic and physical therapy groups, as well as the network of medical specialists. Oversees Marist College Student Athletic Training program and supervises individuals assigned to the college.
- Attends an approved NATA or EATA conference. Conduct is related to NATA Code of Ethics.
- Maintains appropriate documentation related to all operations of Sports Medicine to include the Emergency Action Plan, relevant sections of department handbooks and Sports Medicine Handbook. Prepares annual report based on logged injuries and evaluation of program.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited athletic training or internship program is required; a Master's degree in a related field of Sports Medicine is preferred. NATA-BOC certification, New York State license and CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are required. CSCS, PES, CES, Graston, ART, EMT certifications are beneficial. Excellent communication skills are necessary. Knowledge of computer statistical software and internet skills required.
Five years of experience as a collegiate athletic trainer is preferred. Flexible work schedule is required, to include evenings and weekends and occasional travel with teams. Must have interest in supporting an environment in which students from diverse backgrounds with all experience and ability levels are supported and encouraged.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three contact references including email address and phone number to Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/110755
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.