Bard College at Simon's Rock
Enrollment Data and Information Systems ManagerEmployer Website: https://simons-rock.edu/early-college/contact-us/job-opportunities/enrollment-data-and-information-systems-manager.php
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the United States specifically designed to allow highly motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has occupied a unique space in the educational landscape, practicing the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18. We strive to do so in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are valued. Five years ago, Simon’s Rock opened Bard Academy at Simon's Rock, a two-year high school program for 9th- and 10th-graders on the path to starting college early. The campus is located on 275 rolling and wooded acres in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, the center of the Berkshires and, according to Smithsonian Magazine, “the best small town in America.” Equidistant between New York and Boston, the Berkshires are a site of great natural beauty and numerous outdoor activities, as well as a cultural destination. Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.
The Enrollment Data and Information Systems Manager is responsible for directing, managing, and supervising the daily operation of admissions processes, systems, technology, reporting and records functions within the Simon’s Rock Admissions department
Summary of Position
The position of Enrollment Data and Information Systems Manager will oversee the daily use of the CRM System, troubleshoot all issues related to the system, serve as the contact for the vendor, system integration, training of all users, manage access levels, create and run reports, maintain an enrollment funnel report, collaborate with all areas involved in using the software. This position will also be responsible for the development, execution and ongoing refinement of the system, development of communication platforms, strategies related to inquiries, prospects, applicants, admitted students and other student populations connected to Simon’s Rock.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary role is working with the Admissions and Recruitment Team with all aspects of the application and all the related process, reports, communication plans, tracking, reporting, training, customer relations protocols, and refinement.
- Oversee admissions operations functions including data conversion, automated uploads of purchased information such as standardized test scores, promotional mailings, and admission communications.
- Coordinate admissions workflows to ensure timely processing of admissions records, admissions decisions, and related updates.
- Produce regular reports (including, but not exclusive to weekly, recruitment, enrollment, Board, and marketing/communication reports) to inform general and future business practices; monitor such reports to spot anomalies or trends; take the initiative to communicate to the Director of Admission and others observed issues or potential improvements. Develop new reports as needed.
- Manage quality control, accountability, and records integrity standards for communications, data and records.
- Provide support of Slate’s functionality in the areas of applications, event management, queries, reports, document management, communications, workflow maintenance, and data uploads.
- Ensure integration of admissions data between systems such as Common Application, Gateway to Prep, Standard Application Online and Elusion Banner.
- Ability to create, process, and maintain various Slate forms utilized in Marketing and Communications.
- Ability to develop and deploy Slate drip campaigns, auto-deployment communications, step-logic communication, and other communication campaigns as needed to targeted audiences.
- Develop expertise in the use of Banner and WebFocus for the purpose of data sharing and reporting; manage and oversee the ongoing and evolving relationship between the CRM and Banner working in collaboration with ITS; anticipate and communicate future technical needs as we continue to use outside vendors and data sources; liaise with ITS to communicate technical needs to support our daily business practices.
- Support all members of the Admission staff in developing skills to access and manage data. Work with the staff to develop and maintain effective documentation of best practices.
- Additional duties as assigned to create redundancies in admission operations and to address future data management and analysis needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Student Portal updates and maintenance.
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration as the Slate platform continues to be built out.
- Ability to analyze business processes, procedures, and functions and make recommendations for improvements.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree; knowledge of enrollment management CRMs such as Radius, Slate, or TargetX, ERP systems (Banner preferred), data analysis tools, and reporting software such as WebFOCUS; liquid mark-up tools, strong organization, analytical, and time management skills; excellent communication skills; knowledge of statistical analysis; the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; knowledge of best practices and the ability to adapt them to a unique institution; strong commitment to continuous process improvement and customer service; the ability to work and contribute both individually and as part of a team; and ability to manage multiple tasks at once, with tight and shifting deadlines.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé to Director of Admission and Enrollment Mitchell Chávez at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Enrollment Data and Information Systems Manager” in the subject line). No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. Employment is contingent on successful completion of background check.