Family & Alumni/ae Weekend
Family & Alumni/ae WeekendFamily & Alumni/ae Weekend is one of the most exciting events on the academic calendar. It happens in mid-October, after students have settled in for the semester. The Family Weekend schedule is packed full of activities, showcasing just about every program and facility on Bard’s 1,000-acre campus.
Highlights of the Weekend
- Sample classes
- Panel discussions that include senior administrators, faculty, staff, and/or students
- Q&A session with Bard President Leon Botstein
- Concerts at the Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts
- Student performances at the Fisher Center and throughout campus
- Guided tours of campus and the surrounding community
- Entertainment such as the “Mentalist” and Senior Short Films
Accommodations and Travel
We highly recommend you reserve your accommodations as soon as possible as the hotels, inns, and B&Bs in the area always sell out. Registration opens a month before the event and is not required though strongly suggested, as many activities require registration.