Please be aware that:
- Some resources can maintain your confidentiality without any obligation to share your information.
- Other resources are there for you to report crimes and policy violations. These resources may have obligations to act when you make a report.
- Some employees of the College, such as faculty, administrators, professional staff, and Peer Counselors, are obligated to relay gender-based misconduct reports to the Title IX Coordinator, but they will still maintain your privacy to the greatest extent possible.
- If you are unsure of someone’s duties and ability maintain your information confidentiality, ask them before you talk to them.
Reporting to Confidential Resources
Reporting to Private, Nonconfidential Resources at Bard
Individuals have the right to decide whether to file or decline to file a report with the New York State Police or the local law enforcement agency where the misconduct occurred. Individuals may participate in a criminal process, College process, both, or neither. The Title IX Coordinator and other campus authorities are available to assist individuals in reporting to law enforcement.
To file a criminal report, individuals may contact the following, and/or any other appropriate law enforcement agency:
- New York State Police: 845-876-4194
- New York State Police Campus Sexual Assault Victims Unit: 844-845-7269
- Red Hook Police: 845-758-0060