Please be aware that:
- Some resources can maintain your confidentiality without any obligation to share your information.
- Other resources are there for you to report crimes and policy violations. These resources may have obligations to act when you make a report.
- Some employees of the College, such as faculty, administrators, professional staff, and Peer Counselors, are obligated to relay gender-based misconduct reports to the Title IX Coordinator, but they will still maintain your privacy to the greatest extent possible.
- If you are unsure of someone’s duties and ability maintain your information confidentiality, ask them before you talk to them.
Reporting to Confidential Resources
Reporting to Private, Non-Confidential Resources at Bard
Individuals have the right to decide whether to file or decline to file a report with the New York State Police or the local law enforcement agency where the misconduct occurred. Individuals may participate in a criminal process, College process, both, or neither. The Title IX Coordinator and other campus authorities are available to assist individuals in reporting to law enforcement.
To file a criminal report, individuals may contact the following, and/or any other appropriate law enforcement agency:
- New York State Police: 845-876-4194
- New York State Police Campus Sexual Assault Victims Unit: 844-845-7269
- Red Hook Police: 845-758-0060