implementing plans to bring students, faculty, and staff back to campus.
All community members must do their part to uphold these efforts by refraining from nonessential travel.
Please adhere to the guidelines outlined below.
Bard College Travel Policy
- Non-urgent work travel is strictly prohibited for all Bard faculty and staff.
- Non-essential personal travel for employees is strongly discouraged.
- Examples of essential travel include medical treatment and family emergencies.
- All New York State–mandated regulations continue to apply to any out-of-state travel, including the requirement to quarantine for 14 days if you travel to a restricted location, even for essential travel.
- If you travel to a restricted location during the semester for any reason, your ability to return to campus may be endangered, and will be determined by the State regulations in force at that time.
- Failure to report travel to a restricted location can lead to barring return to or removal from campus.
Thanksgiving Travel Policy
The safest celebrations are those that consist of members of the same household or are held virtually. In-person gatherings pose varying levels of risk depending on community infection rates, location of event, number of attendees, duration or time together, attendees’ behaviors prior to and during the event (masking, distancing, and handwashing). In addition to CDC’s holiday-specific guidelines, there are recommendations that hold true for all social gatherings.