Please adhere to the guidelines outlined below.
Bard College Travel Policy
- All nonessential work travel is prohibited for faculty and staff.
- The prohibition on nonessential travel should be extended to the personal lives of everyone in the Bard community: students, faculty, and staff. Examples of essential travel include medical treatment and family emergencies.
- All New York State–mandated regulations continue to apply to any out-of-state travel, even for essential travel.
- If you travel during the semester for any reason, you may be ineligible to work on campus for a number of days, as determined by the State regulations in force at that time.
- Failure to report out of state travel can lead to barring return to or removal from campus.
Thanksgiving Travel Policy
The safest celebrations are those that consist of members of the same household or are held virtually. In-person gatherings pose varying levels of risk depending on community infection rates, location of event, number of attendees, duration or time together, attendees’ behaviors prior to and during the event (masking, distancing, and handwashing). In addition to CDC’s holiday-specific guidelines, there are recommendations that hold true for all social gatherings.