Bard College Berlin
RegistrarThe College Registrar is responsible for all administrative duties related to student records, class enrollment, and the daily running of academic programs. The Registrar reports to the Dean of the College.
- BA degree and at least 2-3 years of work experience or training in higher education administration and/ or in information technology or campus management systems
- Experience with statistical reporting
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent English; Working knowledge of German
- Managing and representing the Registrar’s Office at the College
- Organizing the College’s academic services, including course scheduling, registration, academic advising, and course and program evaluations
- Advising students regarding study and exam regulations and credit transfers
- Grade and record keeping, including:
- Oversight of the campus database, Banner
- Creating and maintaining progress reports
- Reviewing academic standing each semester
- Managing online documentation for Erasmus mobilities (learning and grant agreements) and
- Coordinating with study abroad provider AMIDEAST as their School of Record.
- Issuing transcripts, certificates, diplomas, enrollment verifications etc.
- Preparing reports, including enrollment data for the Amt für Statistik, accreditation and funding authorities, and internal oversight and development committees
- Coordinating the College’s academic services with international partners, including Bard Abroad, Erasmus network, and the Open Society University Network
- Maintenance of relevant website content
- Taking minutes at academic committee meetings as needed
The position is 40 hours per week. The applicant should be prepared to begin as soon as possible.
Applications including CV, cover letter, and contacts of 2 references should be sent to [email protected] with “College Registrar” in the subject line (email with pdf-attachments only).Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
Please direct your questions to [email protected]