Living On Campus at Bard
Intersession Housing InformationThe Summer Intersession Housing form can be completed HERE.
- Students must be approved to be in residence during intersession periods, otherwise a $200 per day fine may be imposed.
- The College reserves the right to assign conference attendees, faculty and/or intersession residents to residence halls when classes are not in session.
Please see Intersession Housing Eligibility information below.
Intersession Housing Eligibility1) You must be financially cleared. No balance can be carried over from the Spring 2018 semester.
2) You must obtain full-time (35 hours per week) on-campus employment. Students can work more then one on-campus job to fulfill this requirement.
3) Students enrolled in Senior Project can work as little as 15 hours per week, with confirmation from their Senior Project Advisor that work will be supervised and completed during the intersession.
4) Priority for on campus housing is given to students who will be living on campus for the Fall 2018 semester.
5) Indicate who your employer(s), Senior Project Advisor, and/or coach are on this form. They must email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your employment status.
6) Ability to pay a room rate of $15/night* A deposit of $150 is due by Monday, May 14th and the balance of your Intersession Housing fee is due to the Office of Student Accounts on or by your date of arrival. Payroll deductions are NOT a payment option. Unpaid reservations will be canceled.
7) *A Meal Plan is NOT included in this rate, please make the appropriate arrangements.
Returning from Study Abroad or Leave of AbsenceIf you are a student returning from a leave of absence, study abroad, etc. you are eligible to participate in Room Draw 2018. Please visit our Room Draw Page to find out how to participate by submitting a Room Draw Proxy.
Room DrawThe annual Room Draw process is an equitable means by which current Bard students choose their room for the next academic year based on class level. Housing is guaranteed for those students who have not yet moderated. However, moderated students participating in Room Draw are not guaranteed a housing assignment, as space is limited. Many of the frequently asked questions about Room Draw, information and applications for special interest housing, and important dates and deadlines will be included on our Room Draw Page. Please revisit our website at this time and review the information thoroughly.
Important Informational Documents:
Office of Residence Life & Housing
Location: Shea House
1438 Annandale Road
Download the latest schedule of breaks and residence hall closings below.