Students accepted into TŌN must pass both artistic and academic requirements. It is not possible to play in The Orchestra Now without participating in the degree program.ADMISSIONS DEADLINES
Priority Deadline: December 21, 2018; Notification early January
Regular Deadline: January 15, 2019; Notification late January
Auditions will take place during the week of March 17, 2019 at Bard College.
Admission to The Orchestra Now requires audition and academic review. The elements of the application are:
- Completed online application form
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Prescreening excerpts and a 2–4 minute videotaped personal statement
- School transcripts Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended for at least one academic year, regardless of whether credits were transferred to another institution or a degree was received. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded online, but official transcripts are required and must be sent in sealed envelopes directly from the issuing institutions to The Orchestra Now, P.O. Box 5000, 30 Campus Road, Annandale-on-Hudson NY, 12504. Official digital transcripts may also be emailed directly from the issuing institution to email@example.com.
- TOEFL or IELTS score for international applicants (This requirement may be waived if candidate has an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking school.)
- Two recommendations, at least one being an academic reference
- Two short-answer essay questions
- $75 application fee
The Orchestra Now is currently accepting applications for the following instruments for Fall 2019:
- Timpani and Percussion