2020–21 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!**Earlier issues with the application system have now been fixed. If you experienced an error when submitting your materials, you may now resubmit.**
Deadlines for the 2020–21 Academic Year
The Orchestra Now, Three-Year Master of Music Degree in Curatorial, Critical, and Performance Studies
The Orchestra Now, Two-Year Advanced Certificate in Orchestral Studies
DEADLINE: Friday, December 6, 2019
TŌN is accepting applications for the following instruments for admission in September 2020 (2020–21 academic year):
Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Trumpet, Bass Trombone, and Harp
The orchestra is also accepting waitlist applications for:
Clarinet, Horn, Tenor Trombone, Tuba, Timpani, and Percussion
Instrumentalists for whom we do not currently have an opening are encouraged to submit a completed application and pre-screening requirements. You will be informed as to whether you have passed to the finals. In the event of an opening, you will be invited to the finals on that instrument for possible entrance in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021.
Repertoire for pre-screening videos and finals here.
Admission to The Orchestra Now requires audition and academic review. The elements of the application are:
- Completed online application form
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Prescreening excerpts and a 2–4 minute videotaped personal statement
- School transcripts: Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended for at least one academic year can be uploaded to the application. Copy of official transcript(s) only need to be requested from the issuing institution(s) after applicant has received a live audition invitation, and no later than Fri, Feb 14, 2020.
Official transcript(s) from issuing institution(s) can be mailed in a signed/sealed envelope to:
The Orchestra Now
Attn: Admission Committee
Bard College 30 Campus Rd, P.O. Box 5000
Annandale-on-Hudson NY, 12504
Digital official transcript(s) from issuing institution(s) can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL or IELTS score for international applicants (This requirement may be waived if candidate has an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking school.)
- Two recommendations, at least one being an academic reference
- Two short-answer essay questions
- $75 application fee
School transcripts: Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended for at least one academic year can be uploaded to the application. Official transcript(s) only need to be requested from the issuing institution(s) after applicant has received a live audition invitation, and no later than Friday, February 14, 2020.