Applications for the 2022-23 program will open on October 15, 2021. Applications submitted by January 15, 2022 will receive full consideration.
- A brief statement of purpose (750–1,250 words) describing your interest in applying to this program, previous academic and/or professional preparation, and the goals you would like to achieve while enrolled in the program.
- A resume/curriculum vitae outlining your education, work or internship experience (if any), and any other experiences or skills relevant to graduate study in global affairs.
- A sample of written work (not to exceed 30 pages) that demonstrates the research, writing, and analytical skills that you will bring to your graduate work.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional sources. At least one of the recommenders should be someone who can speak to your academic, intellectual, and research qualifications. Please note: the MA in Global Studies accepts letters of recommendation through the online application system. When prompted, enter the recommender’s name and email address. The recommender will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to submit their recommendation online. The status of recommendation letters can be viewed by logging back into the application system. Please keep in mind, you should contact your recommenders and get permission for this request prior to sending them the automatic email.
- Transcripts of all postsecondary academic work. You may upload unofficial transcripts or scans of your official transcript to complete your application submission. Office transcripts, required prior to enrollment, must be mailed or emailed directly from the issuing institution.
- International Students: Candidates whose first language is not English must submit the result of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based), and 100 (internet based). Bard College also accepts the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 7 in the academic module. If the language of instruction at the undergraduate institution was English, this also satisfies the requirement.
- The Bard MA in Global Studies does not charge an application fee or require the submission of GRE exam scores.
- The MA in Global Studies has financial aid available in the form of tuition fellowships and scholarships to cover other expenses associated with enrolling in and attending the program. All applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid must apply. Financial aid is not guaranteed, and it is need-based. Any financial assistance is for the duration of the program for a full-time student.
- The estimated annual total cost of attendance for the MA program for 2021-22 is $59,348, which includes tuition as well as fees, health insurance, room and board, and other related expenses.
- To apply for financial aid, US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents should complete the following:
- International students should complete the following:
- The financial aid forms should be uploaded directly to the application portal.