The Bard Archaeology websitecurrently includes four online exhibits about projects at the College and eleven such presentations about the project in Germantown NY on the colonial immigrants from the Rhenish Palatinate and early African Americans in the Mid-Hudson Valley. The photo above represents the fill of the privy shaft of Charles Sands, founder John Bard's nephew and Town of Red Hook supervisor, excavated by students before expansion of the new science center south toward the old farm house.
Blithewood Gardener's Lodge
A poster about the historic Blithewood Gardener's Lodge, exhibited in 2000 at the annual meeting of the American Anthropological Association, became an outdoor installation at the site, funded by the Greenway Conservancy for the Hudson River Valley.
Bard Site 27: Sands House
In 2005 Bard Archaeology conducted archaeological testing around the nearby Sands House dormitory that was built in 1841. The testing found a refuse deposit and foundations of outbuildings.
Bard Site 25: R. Tillotson
In 2005 Bard conducted arechaological investigation into a site that belonged to R. Tillotson, as part of his estate known as Miramont, now the central third of the campus.
Fishing Along the Estuary
The Archaeology of Fishing along the Estuary is a 16-foot by 18-inch panel on the trail from Blithewood to Cruger Island Road. It's situated on the edge of the Hudson where a small peninsula juts into Tivoli South Bay, near the Grouse Bluff and Spicebush archaeological sites.