Field Education Program Assistant- Jackson Hole, WY
Organization: Teton Science Schools
Job Title: Field Education Program Assitant
Location: Jackson Hole, WY
Hours and Compensation: Full-time; $104/day.
Position Dates (if applicable): Ability to start May 24th.
Application Deadline: Now accepting applications.
Posted on: April 19, 2012
Teton Science Schools have been teaching about the natural world and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem since 1967. The organization has educated, trained and inspired thousands of children, youth and adults, bringing them together through the study of nature and its extension, place-based education. Six innovative programs serve students from across Wyoming, the Intermountain West, the nation and around the world.
The Program Assistant is a seasonal position with the Field Education team based on the Jackson Campus of Teton Science Schools. The Program Assistant will design and implement evening programs for families and after school programs for youth, in addition to supervising instructors leading these programs. The Program Assistant assures high quality programming and efficient customer service.
Duties include but are not limited to assisting with education program operations and the following administrative tasks:
• Communicate with partner organizations
• Market and manage data for programs and registration
• Support creation and implementation of educational programs
• Support cleaning and operations of residential lodges, teaching spaces, dining lodge, equipment and supplies
• Resource scheduling, creating slideshows, interacting with parents
• Assist with cleaning and maintain residential lodges, teaching spaces, dining lodge, equipment and supplies
Superior organizational skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
Ability and willingness to take initiative, solve problems and multi-task effectively and with humor
Ability to work both independently and cooperatively on a team
Willingness to work long hours, split shifts and untraditional work weeks
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
Confident driving fifteen passenger vans, canoe trailers and mini-buses to transport students, staff and equipment to field sites
Spanish speaking skills preferred
Ability to start May 24, 2012 preferred
Qualifications and Regulations of Teton Science Schools:
• At least 21 years old by May 24, 2012
• Current Adult & Child CPR, Wilderness First Responder, and AED certification
• Valid driver’s license with no DUI in the last 3 years and no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
• Teton Science Schools are an equal opportunity employer with a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Successful applicants will be required to pass a background check, driving check and drug screening.
• Seasonal pay rate of $104 per day
• Meals are available while groups are on campus
• Proximity to Jackson, Wyoming and Grand Teton & Yellowstone National Parks
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume, 3 references and application (found at www.tetonscience.org).The subject line of the e-mail must state “Field Education Program Assistant.”