Program Coordinator- Medford, MA
Organization: The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Tufts University
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Medford, MA
Hours and Compensation: 35 Hours per week. Work schedule TBD.
Application Deadline: Now accepting applications.
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Tufts University prepares students for professional practice in cutting-edge science and engineering, offering BS, MEng, MS, and PhD degrees. The department provides classroom education, laboratory instruction, as well as both graduate and undergraduate research training. Research activities are supported by approximately 40 active grants, in addition to support provided by gift and internal sources.
The Program Coordinator position will support the Water Diplomacy Director’s effort to develop and implement an assessment plan, help implement both the short and long-term goals of the program, and be a key liaison to students.
• assisting in the production of the annual report and survey;
• coordinating the newsletter;
• updating the website;
• maintaining budgets and finances;
• supervising record systems, and designing new ones as appropriate;
• coordinating student recruitment and academic progress;
• processing student internship/fellowship applications;
• serving as program liaison with faculty, and TIE and WSSS staff;
• developing publicity materials;
• planning and organizing colloquia, seminars, educational events, and other special activities;
• organizing meetings and graduation events;
• assisting with grant writing;
• coordinating course schedules;
• coordinating grant submissions and administration;
• maintaining the alumni network.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with database and web management software
- Experience with budgeting and/or financial management, data collection and analysis; and generating publicity materials. Strong writing, verbal and editing skills. Demonstrated organizational, time management and customer service skills. Ability to work with diverse stakeholders (students, staff and faculty)
- Advanced degree in a relevant management or technical field
- Experience with proposal submission and grant management
- Experience working in an academic setting
How to Apply: