Organization: Blue Tree Strategies
Job Title: Analyst
Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: May 25
Posted on: May 9
Blue Tree specializes in designing and implementing breakthrough strategies, financial innovations and new business models that create positive change for our clients and the world. Our small team is comprised of talented professionals with years of public and private sector expertise in program design, project/program management, financial analysis, and business consulting.
Blue Tree has three core service offerings:
I. Program Design:
Blue Tree has contributed to the design and implementation of multiple leading statewide energy efficiency service delivery and finance programs, including Clean Energy Works Oregon and MPower Oregon.
II. Project Finance:
Blue Tree advises on the structuring of clean energy and real estate projects. We do this by providing strong financial analysis and a deep working knowledge of the complex incentive landscape to our clients.
III. Business Planning:
Blue Tree develops customized business plans and sustainability strategies that help entrepreneurs and business leaders build resilient companies.
Blue Tree is a small business that operates in a fast-paced, high-pressure, and constantly changing industry. We are nimble and entrepreneurial, and deliver results without a lot of general administrative support. We get our own coffee, make our own copies, and schedule our own meetings. We enjoy what we do. We work hard for our clients and support our staff in their pursuit of a strong work/life balance.
The Analyst will have significant responsibility for supporting the delivery of consulting engagements and will play an active role in all aspects of client work by performing financial, research, policy, and sustainability analysis, under the direction of our Senior Analysts and Consultants.
• Work closely with Senior Analysts & Consultants to drive project priorities and deliverables
• Conduct analysis, research, and other assignments related to clean energy, real estate development, and other sustainability projects
• Support development and delivery of creative financial analysis and fund modeling, including the accounting and valuation of environmental attributes and services
• Build effective relationships with client contacts
• Provide project management support
• Provide basic administrative support to project teams as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Prepare and deliver analysis to meet specified project criteria
• Deliver work on time and on budget
• Communicate with colleagues clearly and proactively throughout the arc of each project
• Perform thorough self-review of work products
We seek highly motivated people with outstanding credentials and a demonstrated interest in business and leadership development. We are also looking for individuals who possess the qualities critical for success in our business, including excellent writing and verbal communication skills, resourcefulness, tenacity, passion, self-confidence, and a strong work ethic. Because what we do is all about people, candidates must have exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as a strong commitment to client success.
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university
• Four or more years of relevant experience, including two or more years of professional work experience as a financial accountant or analyst at a CPA firm, a consulting/advisory firm, economic development agency, financial investment firm, or commercial lending institution
Working Knowledge and Understanding of:
• The key drivers for clean energy project finance analysis
• Triple bottom line business principles and practices
• Local and regional sustainability issues
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven organizational skills
• Ability to manipulate, analyze and synthesize data in various systems and environments
• Demonstrated advanced user of Microsoft Excel for financial analysis
• Possesses outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Demonstrated high levels of leadership, initiative, teamwork, and adaptability
• Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with a variety of colleagues and senior management
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
• Passionate about making a real difference in the world
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday May 25th.