Manager, Climate Change & Sustainability Services – Houston, TX
Organization: Ernst & Young’s Assurance
Job Title: Manager – Climate Change & Sustainability Services
Location: Houston, TX
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Posted On: June 14, 2012
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. To learn more… http://www.ey.com/US/EN/About-us
Within Ernst & Young’s Assurance service line, we currently have a career opportunity for a Manager in our Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS) practice. Working directly with our Americas Climate Change & Sustainability Assurance and Advisory Leaders, this individual will be instrumental in developing our CCaSS practice in the Americas.
As climate change and sustainability rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world, business leaders are increasingly seeking external advice on how to address these key issues. As one of our climate change and sustainability professionals, you’ll work as part of a multidisciplinary, global team that provides recommendations on how to manage these areas effectively and responsibly. This will include helping clients understand business or regulatory threats and opportunities, exploring and executing commercial transactions, monitoring performance and assuring public disclosures on progress. Through these services, you’ll help clients balance risks, take advantage of opportunities and achieve their potential in a transformed world. In return for helping us deliver these services, you’ll receive the support and opportunities you need to succeed professionally and personally. At Ernst & Young, we’re committed to helping you achieve your potential.
Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, both internally and externally.
Provide guidance in the delivery of Climate Change & Sustainability Services, with an emphasis on complex and/or specialized issues within Assurance and/or technical sustainability reporting and advisory capacities.
Provide market support for sustainability and greenhouse gas Assurance and Advisory. Assist clients in their efforts to identify, measure, and appropriately manage their business and reporting risks as they transition their organizations to respond to changing government environmental regulations and new trends in sustainability management and reporting.
Identify and communicate trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client, while demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry and marketplace.
Support client relationships, business development, and account management leadership through the development of thought leadership, client and internal collateral, and training.
Actively contribute to the growth and development of the CCaSS practice by taking operational responsibility and accountability for engagement team support and delivery.
Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training.
Represent the practice in management forums and support the rapid, profitable growth of the business as a key member of the CCaSS management team.
- a bachelor’s degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- a degree in accounting, engineering, environmental science and/or related academic major
- at least 3 years’ experience in a sustainability position with greenhouse gas, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) verification, and/or CSR reporting advisory experience for a public accounting firm or a consulting practice; or particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- experience with environmental footprinting, lifecycle analysis, sustainable supply chain planning and/or carbon markets is a plus
- accreditation and/or training in the following areas: Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI), Accountability, ISO 14064, or other relevant applications
- a professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise with the C-Suite and sustainability officers at clients as well as Ernst & Young leadership
- strong project management and personnel management skills
- ability to analyze complex or unusual issues in the context of client engagements and deliver insightful and pragmatic solutions
- advanced written and verbal communication skills
- extensive experience working and leading in a team-based environment
- ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships, while demonstrating and living Ernst & Young’s values
- willingness and ability to travel, as necessary
How to Apply