Program Manager – Albany, NY
Organization: Audubon International
Job Title: Program Manager – Sustainable Communities & Green Neighborhoods Programs
Location: Albany, NY
Hours and Compensation: Full time; The organization offers its employees a strong compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent health benefits, retirement benefits, and generous vacation.
Position Dates: permanent position
Application Deadline: September 1, 2012
Posted On: August 9, 2012
Audubon International is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering high-quality environmental education and using incentive-based approaches to implement sustainable natural resource management in all places people live, work, and play. http://www.auduboninternational.org
Audubon International seeks a highly-qualified and enthusiastic individual to serve as the Program Manager for its Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods programs. In the course of administering these programs, the incumbent will work as part of a collaborative team of dedicated staff members, directly engage a wide range of potential stakeholders (municipal leaders, government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, academic institutions, and private sector firms, etc.), and report directly to the Executive Director to meet annual member growth, retention, and service goals.
- Develop and implement yearly goals, objectives, strategies, and budget proposals for the Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods programs in conjunction with other programs being implemented by the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date information in the organization’s comprehensive member database
- Participate in organization- and program-level strategic planning efforts
- Assist Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods member organizations in the development of management plans and other technical documents required as a component of the Audubon International’s rigorous certification process.
- Serve members via requests for information through timely in-person, written, telephone, and email communication.
- Conduct periodic site visits to assist members with ongoing environmental planning and management activities.
- Cooperate with Audubon International’s network of partners to ensure that Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods program materials are up-to-date and being disseminated to appropriate audiences.
- Develop and conduct seminars, presentations, and informational briefings to help educate Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods members (active and prospective) about the benefits of sustainable natural resource management and the efficacy of Audubon International’s approach to environmental stewardship.
- Promote all Audubon International programs via stakeholder meetings, media interviews, newsletters, and participation in various industry and environmental working groups.
- Lead in the development of new program member target groups and the development of relationships with other public and private sector organizations interested in partnering with Audubon International in the delivery of the Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study (i.e., environmental studies, natural resource management, land use or regional planning) and at least 3 years of related professional experience, OR a master’s degree in an appropriate field of study (i.e., environmental studies, natural resource management, land use or regional planning) and at least 1 year of related professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience working with diverse constituencies and membership demographics.
- Ability to excel both by working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong technical and persuasive writing skills.
- Computer proficiency (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, database management, internet-based research, professional applications of social media)
- Experience using GIS is desirable
How to Apply
Submitted applications will be reviewed upon receipt and must include the following:
- Cover letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications for the position, including a description of how prior educational training, experience and skills prepare the candidate to fulfill the job responsibilities detailed above
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Contact information (name, job title, phone and email) for 3-5 professional references
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) which demonstrates analytical reasoning skills and ability to communicate technical concepts or analysis to a non-technical audience
- Application materials should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com with the job title and your name in the subject line (i.e., Program Manager, Sustainable Communities and Green Neighborhoods – Jane Smith)