Climate Leaders Program Internship — Washington, D.C.
Organization: Climate Reality Project
Job Title: Climate Leaders Program Internship
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: unpaid
Application Deadline: not specified
Position Dates: Fall and/or Spring term
Posted On: Oct. 5, 2012
Founded and chaired by Al Gore, Nobel Laureate and former Vice President of the United States, The Climate Reality Project has more than 5 million members and supporters worldwide. It is guided by one simple truth: The climate crisis is real and we know how to solve it. The Climate Reality Project is bringing the facts about the climate crisis into the mainstream and engaging the public in conversation about how to solve it. We help citizens around the world discover the truth and take meaningful steps to bring about change.
The Climate Reality Project is looking for a sharp intern to join its Climate Leaders program for fall and/or spring. The Climate Leaders program is a climate change leadership and presentation program that was launched by Nobel Laureate and former Vice President Al Gore in June of 2006 to educate the public about the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis. You’ll be a key member of the Climate Leaders team helping to support Presentations, collect web analytics and contribute and share ideas for improving the Climate Leaders program.
- Assist with grassroots peer to peer education.
- Compile and summarize results of weekly analytics for websites, email campaigns and social media properties.
- Keep up-to-date on climate related news and advances in new media space.
- Assist with production and/or delivery of support materials for Climate Leaders.
- Proven interest in volunteer education and outreach.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving and experience working on a team
- Proficient in Spanish
- Familiarity with Excel is a big plus.
- Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or political campaigns.
How to Apply
Send a resume, cover email/letter, short writing sample, and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Presenter Program Intern Application.” Applications will be accepted until a candidate is identified.