Fisheries Intern — Washington, D.C.
Job Title: Fisheries Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: Internships are full-time and there is a monthly stipend and/or academic credit.
Application Deadline: rolling
Position Dates: minimum of three months
Oceana, founded in 2001, is the largest international organization focused solely on ocean conservation.
Oceana seeks a seafood intern to work with our campaign manager to provide credible research and polished writing regarding the U.S. seafood supply, illegal fishing, global fisheries biology and economics, in addition to other topics as needed. Candidates should have a strong background in both communication and quantitative skills such as working with spreadsheets and scientific literature reviews. Intern may also assist with logistics, interviews and making cold calls as part of their research. Ideal candidates will also be able to make maps, evaluate images for artistic value, and show cross-cultural sensitivity in working with international collaborators.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, especially in Biology, Geography, Economics, International affairs
- Demonstrated interest in seafood, fisheries, or the environmental field
- International or cross-cultural experience
- Organized working style and attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing plans in a dynamic work environment
Preferred but not required:
- Artistic eye and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Mapmaking experience with ArcGIS
- Restaurant or food service experience
- Spanish language ability
How to Apply
Applications are rolling and reviewed periodically, we are currently reviewing applicants for Fall 2012. Be aware that your cover letter is viewed as a writing sample, please highlight why your experience is a good fit for this position and include the dates you are available.
Send your cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com, SUBJECT LINE: Seafood Internship; fax 202-833-2070or mail: Oceana, ATTN: Seafood Intern Resumes, 2501 M Street, N.W., Suite 300, Washington, D.C. 20037. No phone calls please. EOE