Energy Operations Associate — Chicago, IL
Organization: Center for Neighborhood Technology
Job Title: Energy Operations Associate
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: rolling
Posted On: Nov. 20, 2012
CNT Energy is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide economic and environmental benefits to households, building owners and communities through energy efficiency and conservation.
CNT Energy is experiencing rapid growth in three main areas:
(1) Residential Real Time Electricity Pricing and Smart Grid Development,
(2) Energy Efficiency in Residential and Commercial Buildings, and
(3) Community Energy Planning and Energy Information Center.
CNT Energy is an affiliate of the Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT), a 33-year old non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the development and perpetuation of vibrant urban communities that are both environmentally and economically sustainable, both in the Chicago region and throughout the United States.
The Energy Operations Associate assists in supporting CNT Energy’s customer programs and contributes to ongoing communication, education, and new research activities. A primary responsibility is the support of CNT Energy’s real-time electricity pricing programs. As part of the operations workgroup, the Associate works to maintain relationships with customers and assists in the accompanying production work. The Associate shares responsibility for the accurate documentation of these activities, especially as they relate to energy research projects.
• Provide customer support services. This includes:
• Answering incoming phone, mail and electronic communications
• Providing information on energy programs and services
• Tracking and addressing customer comments, requests, and complaints using a
customer relationship management database.
• Learn and stay abreast of current dynamic energy pricing policies and processes.
• Support the creation, review, and implementation of customer communications and
• Support the program logistics. This includes working with our communications and
marketing teams to:
• Assemble mailers, flyers, and event materials
• Support both incoming and outgoing mailings
Rev. 1 2 of 2 11/19/2012
• Support CNT Energy research projects, including assisting in the analysis of information
using MS Access, such as developing databases to process survey information.
• Perform other duties as required in assistance to and in cooperation with other CNT
• Four year degree or equivalent experience in energy and/or environmental sciences
• Previous experience with direct customer service
• Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
• Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real world customer
issues based on well-defined program guidelines
• A demonstrated attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Human Resources Center for Neighborhood Technology
2125 W. North Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
Email to email@example.com
No phone calls please.