Senior Specialist, Operations — Washington, D.C.
Organization: The Pew Environment Group
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Operations
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: rolling
Posted On: Dec. 6, 2012
The mission of the Pew Environment Group is to promote policies and practices that protect the global atmosphere, preserve large intact wilderness ecosystems and conserve living marine resources.
For the past two decades, the Pew Environment Group has been a major force in driving conservation policy in the United States, and increasingly internationally. The group’s work is focused on reducing the scope and severity of three major global environmental problems:
- Dramatic changes to the Earth’s climate brought about by the increasing concentration of greenhouse gases in the planet’s atmosphere;
- The erosion of large wilderness ecosystems that contain a great part of the world’s remaining biodiversity; and,
- The destruction of the world’s ocean environment, with a particular emphasis on marine fisheries.
The Senior Specialist, Operations, PEG reports to the Senior Manager, Operations, PEG and will be responsible for providing support to PEG operations and program staff. Core duties will include managing the board agenda process which demands a high level focus on detail, adherence to a high standard of organizational excellence and the ability to effectively manage productive relationships with the Executive Office, agenda services, programs and payment services to ensure high level support to PEG management.
Day travel or occasional overnight trips to Philadelphia, PA may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advance degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years with a mix of administrative and relevant professional experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment preferably working with management at high levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ease in briefly summarizing the essence of issues and the means to address them.
- Ability to fit into the creative, fast-paced and highly professional corporate culture of Pew, which emphasizes excellence, collegiality and teamwork.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer technology including application for project and data management and electronic calendars (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred). Ability to quickly learn software specific to the institution including PeopleSoft and Salesforce.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze issues critically, make decisions and justify recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines, keep agenda process on track and produce rapid turnaround when required.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Able to balance multiple priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently to meet goals and deadlines. Self-directed and able to accept full responsibility for completing assignments and resolving issues. Ability to think proactively, take initiative and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
- Display strong diplomatic and interpersonal communication skills; ability to be assertive when required.
- Experience and skill in formatting, proofing and file management of key documents.
- Technology savvy, with an understanding of and/or experience with PeopleSoft and Salesforce software systems.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit the Careers@Pew section of the website www.pewtrusts.org to learn more about the organization review the complete job description and apply online at https://jobs-pct.icims.com/jobs/3216/job