Political Director — Billings, MT
Organization: Montana Conservation Voters
Job Title: Political Director
Location: Billings, MT
Hours and Compensation: full time, and salary based on experience
Application Deadline: open
Posted On: Dec. 13, 2012
Montana Conservation Voters – MCV – is dedicated to educating and activating voters on key issues affecting our state’s clean air and water, open spaces, forests and wildlife. MCV also works to elect candidates who will fight for policies and programs that protect and enhance our natural resources. As a statewide membership organization, MCV serves as the political action arm of Montana’s environmental and conservation communities
Montana Conservation Voters’ Political Director is an exciting position whose main responsibility is to deepen and expand the political power of the conservation and environmental community with Montana elected officials, The Political Director coordinates Montana Conservation Voters’ “Cycle of Accountability” program to help elect and hold accountable pro-conservation legislative, statewide and local officials. The Political Director engages Montana Conservation Voters’ potent membership base in legislative, local and statewide elections and decision making forums affecting Montana’s air, land, water and open spaces, working with the MCV Program Director, Field Director and Executive Director. The Political Director also provides staff support to MCV chapters, members and Conservation Roundtables in eastern Montana. The position reports to the MCV Executive Director and is a full time, exempt position. The Political Director is optimally based in Billings, though location is negotiable. Approximately 1,000 – 1,200 miles per month of travel is expected.
- An unqualified commitment to Montana Conservation Voters mission;
- Understanding of how to win electoral and ballot measure campaigns while building an organization and engaging members and activists;
- Previous experience developing and implementing campaigns to elect a candidate(s) and/or win a ballot measure, including direct voter contact, mailings, media;
- Field experience: directing door to door voter contact, managing associated data base, and using state of the art campaign tools and technology;
- Background in effective civic engagement strategies including voter registration, vote by mail, and early voting;
- Community organizing experience, working with diverse individuals and groups;
- Experience working as part of a team with staff and organizational leaders and diverse groups and coalitions;
- Fundraising experience (small donor, large donor and/or events);
- College degree.
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume’, three references and two writing samples to email@example.com. Theresa Keaveny, Executive Director, MCV, Box 63, Billings, MT 59103.