Research and Policy Fellow — Sacramento, CA
Organization: Green Technology Leadership Group
Job Title: Research and Policy Fellow
Location: Sacramento, CA
Hours and Compensation: $28,000-32,000 salary depending on experience. Benefits are not provided for this position.
Application Deadline: rolling
Position Dates: The position is for 12 months, with the possibility of extension depending on performance, project needs, and funding.
Posted On: Dec. 11, 2012
The Green Technology Leadership Group seeks a Research and Policy Fellow to work on its Smart Electronics Initiative (SEI). SEI is a unique collaborative of consumer electronics developers, manufacturers and retailers working together with policymakers, academia and technical analysts to develop a framework to incentivize the production and use of energy efficient consumer electronics devices. The successful candidate will conduct research, help coordinate workshops and conferences and contribute to efforts to advance policies that support the innovation and adoption of energy efficient technologies in the consumer electronics sector.
The Fellow will work with partners to develop research and reports on energy efficient technologies and innovations in consumer electronics devices and develop policy and programmatic approaches that promote energy efficient products. The Fellow will also coordinate and contribute content to SEI promotional materials including the website, newsletter, and social media outlets. The fellowship is an exciting opportunity to apply research and analytical skills while interacting with energy experts from the private, public, academic and non-profit sectors.
- Conduct research and write reports on energy efficient designs in consumer electronics devices
- Analyze current state and federal policies to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Collaborate with partners to develop policy and programmatic recommendations to advance energy efficiency in consumer electronics.
- Organize and attend events aimed at expanding SEI membership.
- Regularly contribute content for SEI’s website and promotional materials.
- Draft grant proposals and assist with fundraising efforts as needed.
- Support other SEI and GTLG activities as needed.
This position requires research, analytical, communications and management skills.
The successful candidate:
- Has a Master’s Degree in a field such as public policy, economics, engineering, information technology, or an energy-related field.
- Demonstrates an ability to conduct research on policy-related questions using a range of quantitative and qualitative approaches, to document sources, and to communicate results accurately and objectively.
- Is an exceptional writer, and can communicate effectively through a range of written media including technical papers, blog posts, and e-mail correspondence.
- Is highly organized, motivated, and proactive.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has some familiarity with a range of technologies and policies related to energy efficiency, especially in California
How to Apply
Please submit a current resume or CV, along with a cover letter that explains your qualifications and interest in the fellowship to to firstname.lastname@example.org.