Automotive Fuel Efficiency Intern – China
Organization: The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation
Job Title: Automotive Fuel Efficiency Intern
Location: Beijing, China
Hours and Compensation: 25 hours/wk; unpaid
Application Deadline: January 15, 2013
Position Dates: Jan 15 – July 1, 2013
Posted On: January 3, 2013
The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET), a leading policy think-tank in the areas of low-carbon development and climate change, is an independent non-profit, professional organization registered in Beijing, China and California, USA. The core mission of iCET is to mitigate climate change through the promotion of low-carbon transportation, clean energy, energy efficiency and carbon registration practices and policies in China.
The intern will collect and help to analyse data about fuel efficiency in the Chinese auto industry. This work will involve making use of iCET’s existing data sets and databases, as well as finding newly available data.
- Monitor development of the Chinese automotive industry, especially with regards to fuel economy and emissions standards;
- Collect and update iCET’s database of automotive data, undertake analysis of GHG emission and fuel economy performance of automotive manufacturers and importers in China;
- Write original reports and/or translate reports from English to Chinese where necessary.
Internship is available beginning in January, 2013.
1. Interest in automotive efficiency and fuel economy policy;
2. Strong ability to do desk-top data collection and analysis;
3. Engineering or science background, ability to work with numerical data in Excel and/or Access;
4. Strong written Chinese abilities, English desirable but not required;
5. Good communication skills;
6. Hard-working, organized and with a strong sense of responsibility.
How to Apply
Please send CV to Robert Earley at firstname.lastname@example.org