Outreach and Policy Intern — New York, NY
Organization: Institute for Transportation & Development Policy
Job Title: Outreach and Policy Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours and Compensation: 15 hours/week minimum and possible stipend
Application Deadline: open until filled
Position Dates: starting late January
Posted On: Jan. 15, 2013
The Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City with offices in Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Guangzhou, Ahmedabad, Jakarta, and Bogota. ITDP works to promote environmentally sustainable and socially equitable transportation policies and projects around the world, with an emphasis on developing countries. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling and walking, travel demand management, parking, and urban revitalization. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
ITDP is seeking an Outreach and Policy Intern to begin work in January 2013 across departments and on a variety of projects. The intern will report to the Director of Development, and work closely with all members of the team.
- Assist with drafting and editing press releases, brochures, magazine, reports, and other collateral
- Assist with web updates and updates to social media website and blog
- Conduct research on sustainable transport best practices and policies worldwide
- Conduct research to identify fundraising prospects and record information into a donor database
- Assist with production of donor communications and grant reporting
- Assist with event planning, as needed
- Organize electronic photo and video library
- Conduct literature reviews on numerous sustainable transport topics
- Draft factsheets of ITDP policy, project and case study reports
- Conduct research on latest happenings in transport around the world
- Flexibility in duties depending on interests. Other duties as assigned.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student or recent college grad with interest or experience in international development, sustainable transportation, or nonprofit management
- Experience working in a fast-paced office and ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Strong internet research skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Database experience
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills a plus
- Must be able to work at least 15 hours a week in our New York office and commit to three months. Hours are flexible between 9am and 6pm.
- Stipend available for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com with Outreach & Policy Intern in the subject line.