Corporate and Executive Relations & Fundraising Internship
Organization: The Alliance to Save Energy
Job Title: Corporate and Executive Relations & Fundraising Internship
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: 37.5 hours/week; Paid: $11/hour
Application Deadline: Feb. 1, 2013
Position Dates: February 13, 2013 to May 24, 2012
Posted On: Jan. 24, 2013
The Alliance to Save Energy promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and energy security
- Aid with general Associate member tracking and correspondence.
- Research and compile contact information for prospective Associate members.
- Follow up phone calls/emails on pitches.
- Writing or editing letters and other documents, arranging travel plans and other administrative support as needed.
- Participate in and assist in preparations for ASE Associate events including Policy Perspectives, EE Noon, EE Insider, EE Global and Evening with the Starts .
- Research on and development of fundraising prospects for Alliance and outside events.
- Complete a membership fundraising project including creating a prospect list, sending a first reach email and following up to secure meetings.
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Clear writing skills and editing abilities
- Experience in Microsoft office
- Experience in Salesforce is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and changing priorities
How to Apply
Please send a resume, relevant writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com by February 1, 2013. Please specify “CER Fundraising Internship” in the subject line of the email. Cover letters can be addressed to “Internship Coordinators.” Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load which interferes with the work week schedule during the internship term. No phone calls, please.