Climate Action Manager — Santa Cruz, CA
Organization: University of California Santa Cruz, Sustainability Office
Job Title: Climate Action Manager (JOB # 1304083)
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Hours and Compensation: Full time – $52,000
Application Deadline: open until filled; Initial Review Date: 02-07-2013
Posted On: Jan. 28, 2013
The Sustainability Office, which is housed within the Division of Business and Administrative Services and the department of Physical Planning and Construction, has broad responsibility for coordination of campus-wide sustainability initiatives including strategic planning, monitoring, communication, coordination, and support of pilot programs and projects, to meet the goals and objectives of the Campus Sustainability Plan and the UCSC Climate Action Plan, in compliance with the University of California’s Sustainable Practices Policy, State regulations and other commitments. Through operational, organizational, and behavioral transformation the Sustainability Office works to advance the cause of environmental, economic and human sustainability.
The Climate Action Manager works to ensure that the campus fulfills or exceeds relevant policies, commitments, and regulations such as the American College and Universities Presidents Climate Commitment, Assembly Bill 32, and the University of California Policy on Sustainable Practices and Climate Action Compact. The manager serves as a liaison for the campus with the UC Office of the President, other UC campuses, local government, and community organizations and works in a collaborative manner to develop productive relationships with campus and external constituencies in order to fill above job responsibilities.
Under the general direction of the Sustainability Director, the incumbent manages campus Climate Action activities within the Sustainability Office, which has primary responsibility for fostering a culture of sustainability on campus; identifying, coordinating and serving as a catalyst for units and individuals who are implementing sustainability programs; and engaging with institutional leaders to foster sustainability and greenhouse gas reduction broadly across campus units.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to write clear and concise reports and correspondence, and public speaking skills to make clear, informative, and persuasive presentations to internal and external groups.
• Understand and clearly communicate complex policies and regulations (including AB32 and the Cap and Trade Regulation) as well as data metrics to diverse audiences, including students, staff, principal officers and campus leadership.
• Excellent organizational skills sufficient to manage and complete multiple projects and assignments, with the ability to work independently and innovatively with minimal direction.
• Experience with managing projects and people as individuals and teams.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills to analyze, problem-solve, and provide support to senior staff.
How to Apply
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: http://apptrkr.com/315854