Environmental Planner – Utah or California
Organization: Transcon Environmental
Position Title: Environmental Planner
Location: Salt Lake City, UT; St. George, UT; San Francisco, CA; Fresno, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes vacation/sick days, health/dental/vision insurance, holidays, etc.
Posted On: February 15, 2013
Transcon is comprised of an experienced group of professional planners, scientists, and compliance specialists assembled to provide quality environmental planning, permitting, and consulting services. These services include strategic planning, feasibility planning, permitting, environmental compliance, natural and cultural resource inventory and impact assessment, land use planning, landscape architecture and visual studies, public policy and public involvement, graphics and illustration, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data and mapping analysis, and construction inspection and monitoring.
Transcon performs environmental consulting services for a variety of industries including utilities, telecommunication providers, and mining. Our staff is also equipped with the skills and knowledge to provide creative and innovative solutions to address the needs of federal, state, and local governments.
Transcon offers appropriate experience, skilled personnel, and a commitment to superior quality work. We strive to serve our clients with integrity, responsiveness, and innovation.
Transcon Environmental is seeking Environmental Planning professionals in our Salt Lake City and St. George, Utah, offices as well as our San Francisco and Fresno, California, offices to provide outstanding technical services and written products for natural resource management and environmental permitting/compliance projects in the Southwestern United States. The successful candidate will be proficient in all aspects of environmental planning, including the preparation of environmental studies and documents meeting NEPA and CEQA requirements on infrastructure projects. The position will also involve federal, state, and local agency coordination and regulatory permitting. Working knowledge of T&E studies/consultation, cultural resource studies/consultation, Clean Water Act permitting, right-of-way coordination, and GIS data management is desired. A strong scientific background is desired.
- Project coordination including assisting with public involvement and agency coordination efforts, writing sections of NEPA and other environmental compliance documents, and assisting project managers in completing and implementing a variety of planning and permitting tasks.
- Serve a meaningful role in a team-oriented office.
- Contribute specific planning, technical, or scientific expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Environmental or Urban Planning, Environmental Sciences, or Natural Resources Management
- At least two years of experience in environmental planning, urban/regional planning, environmental science, or related field.
- Computer skills required including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, GPS, GIS
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume (with at least three references), and a short writing sample to Heather Duncan, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
Transcon Environmental, http://transconusa.com