Manager, Transportation Initiatives – Arlington, VA
Organization: Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
Position Title: Manager, Transportation Initiatives
Location: Arlington, VA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, regular, exempt. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Position Dates: Immediate start date.
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled.
Posted On: February 14, 2013.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, founded in 1998 with the support of the Pew Charitable Trusts, and widely recognized in the United States and abroad as a credible, independent force for pragmatic climate action. Named the world’s top environmental think tank in 2011 by the University of Pennsylvania, the nonpartisan Pew Center was a trusted source of information and analysis, a bridge between diverse interests, and a leader in catalyzing constructive business engagement.
C2ES builds on this strong foundation, with the Pew Center’s founder, Eileen Claussen, and its senior team continuing to lead the effort. Principal activities include: providing timely, impartial information and analysis on the scientific, economic, technological and policy dimensions of climate and energy challenges; convening business, environmentalists, other stakeholders and policymakers to develop consensus solutions; working with members of its Business Environmental Leadership Council and others to take action on the ground; and working with policymakers and stakeholders to promote pragmatic, effective policies at the state, national and international levels. For more information about C2ES, visit www.c2es.org.
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) seeks a creative and experienced person to help implement the Center’s transportation initiatives through C2ES’s Plug-In Electric Vehicle Dialogue Group. The Manager of Transportation Initiatives will develop and implement an outreach and communication strategy for policy makers, stakeholders, and the public. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to C2ES’s mission and ongoing analysis of transportation issues. The position will report to the Vice President for Technology and Innovation and have a term of at least one year.
- Facilitate, guide, and provide communication and outreach support to a network of partnering organizations and agencies to help implement the Plug-in Electric Vehicle Dialogue Group’s Action Plan;
- In coordination with C2ES communications and outreach program staff, implement and revise, as needed over time, the communication and outreach strategies of C2ES’s transportation initiatives;
- Develop communications and educational materials, both printed and electronic, including transportation-related content on the C2ES website;
- Create a PEV-related policy database;
- Contribute to the tracking and analysis of transportation-related issues and policies; and
- Represent the organization at transportation-related events, hearings, and meetings.
- Master’s degree in communications, environmental policy, energy resources, or related field;
- 2-3 years of experience on automotive, transportation or energy issues required;
- Working knowledge of issues facing the automotive, transportation and/or energy sector;
- Experience developing and implementing communication and outreach programs;
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with web services such as maps tools and document management systems;
- Ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups and partner organizations;
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample either by mail or electronically to the contact information below.
Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, http://www.c2es.org
Attn: Manager, Transportation Initiatives Search, 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 550, Arlington, VA 22201