Huyck Preserve and Biological Research Station Research Grants – March 8, 2013
Organization: Huyck Preserve and Biological Research Station
Grant Amounts: $2,000 – $3,500
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013
The Huyck Preserve and Biological Research Station-a 2,000 acre preserve and 80 year-old field station located 30 miles southwest of Albany, NY-is now accepting applications for Huyck Research Grants for summer 2013. Four to five Huyck Grants are awarded each year to graduate, postdoctoral, and senior researchers in a variety of disciplines that focus on natural systems of the Huyck Preserve. We support work in basic and applied ecology, conservation biology, taxonomy, animal behavior, evolution, geology, land use history, and other areas of natural science. The typical grant award is around $2,000, but can be as much as $3,500 for more established researchers and/or projects that involve extended residencies. Professors, graduate and postdoctoral student investigators are all eligible. The funds may be used for the purchase of equipment, travel, food, publication costs, and stipends for assistant/student researchers. Preference is given to proposals that involve residencies of one week or longer. Applicants are requested to present their work at an annual Science Symposium and to participate in educational and outreach activities while they are in residence.
How to Apply:
- Completed Cover Sheet
- An abstract of not more than 200 words.
- A section describing the background and significance of the project.
- A section stating the main objectives of the study.
- A methods section, including project schedule.
- If the PI has previously conducted research at the Preserve, please summarize the results briefly, and list any resulting publication(s).
- A literature cited section.
- A budget section with a detailed breakdown of the full project budget and for each category, amounts requested from the Huyck Preserve.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of reference that comment specifically on the work propose in this application. These may be submitted with the proposal or sent directly by the referees.
The deadline for proposals is this Second Friday in March by 11:59pm EST. Grant proposals and references should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant’s Last Name HUYCK GRANT APP” in the subject line. Proposals must be in MS Word or PDF format and include a completed Application Form. Receipt of proposals will be confirmed via e-mail. All proposals will be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Committee and the results will be announced in about one month via e-mail. Any questions should be directed to the contact information below.
Grant Posting: http://www.huyckpreserve.org/research/huyck_grants.htm