Citizens Housing and Planning Council of New York – William R. Ginsberg Fellow – March 8, 2013
Organization: Citizens Housing and Planning Council of New York
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013
Amount and Duration: $5,000 for 20 hrs/wk, for one semester.
Overview: The William R. Ginsberg Fellowship is designed to:
- Encourage and support careers in public service,
- Establish strong links between experienced leaders in the field and a new generation of housing and planning professional,
- Promote active civic engagement,
- Advance practical research and creative thinking about NYC’s built environment, and
- Improve the quality of life in its neighborhoods.
Funding Opportunity Description: The Graduate Fellowship is for current graduate students or those recently graduated from Masters Programs in public policy, urban planning, environmental studies, geography, architecture, urban design, economics, real estate finance, business or other related subjects.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm for public policy and public service, especially in relatipn to housing and urban planning,
- Ability to think creatively,
- Proven research and analytical skills,
- Candidates with zoning and land use policy experience and knowledge are encouraged to apply.