Intern, Coal Data Analysis and Market Research – Washington, D.C.
Organization: World Resources Institute
Position Title: Intern, Coal Data Analysis and Market Research
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Paid.
Position Dates: May – August 2013, with possible extension.
Posted On: March 4, 2013.
The World Resources Institute (www.wri.org) is a global environmental and development research organization that goes beyond research to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives.
WRI seeks a highly organized and motivated individual to support its Coal Data Analysis And Market Research project. The project aims at assessing potential risks of coal to the global climate through analyzing information about proposed new coal-fired plants and other market trends. . The intern will help collect, maintain and analyze data and information related to coal power projects, coal trade and coal finance. The intern will also help produce outreach materials and assist in logistics of related events.
- Collect, maintain and analyze the global database of proposed coal-fired power plants
- Track and analyze news, information and research on the global coal market
- Conduct literature review and background research on issues relevant to the project
- Draft and edit working papers, fact sheets, journal articles, blogs, and presentations on issues relevant to the project
- Translate materials between English and Chinese and proofread translated materials to ensure accuracy and readability
- Support outreach and communication efforts for the project, including by liaising with other research institutions and NGOs
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling meetings, taking notes, and travel planning
- Substantial relevant undergraduate coursework or recently completed degree in environmental policy, international relations, law, public policy or related field
- Excellent academic record
- Strong Chinese language ability is a must
- Good understanding of the climate and energy discussions
- Experience with coal/power industry is a plus
- Great attention to details
- Ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and strong internet research skills
How to Apply: Applications accepted online only at www.wri.org/careers – no phone calls please.
World Resources Institute, http://www.wri.org
10 G Street NE, Suite 800, Washington, D.C. 20002