Passenger Vehicle Program Internship – Berlin, Germany
Organization: International Council on Clean Transportation
Position Title: Passenger Vehicle Program Intern
Location: Berlin, Germany
Hours & Compensation: Full-time (40 hr/wk) or part-time (10-20 hr/wk) for 3-6 months. Paid, salary commensurate with experience.
Position Dates: April 2013 on.
Application Deadline: Applications considered on the first-come, first-serve basis.
Posted On: March 6, 2013.
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is a non-profit organization helping to develop policy solutions to reduce conventional pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector.
The intern will support the passenger vehicle team in a number of areas.
- Updating the annual publication Pocketbook European Vehicle Market Statistics, which includes updating existing internal databases, extracting raw data, preparing tables and figures for the publication, drafting explanatory text, and working together with the graphic editor and printer.
- Supporting the update of a recent working paper on the growing gap between official type-approval and real-world consumer fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of passenger cars. This includes compiling data from various sources and preparing tables and charts for further analysis and publication.
- Coordination and collaboration with international staff on similar ongoing work in other regions of the world and carrying out comparisons with the results of our European analysis.
- Supporting the team with preparation of technical papers, presentations, and web-blogs.
- Advanced level experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required
- Experience with database software (such as MS Access, SQL) required
- Good quantitative and analytical skills required
- Proficiency in English required, knowledge in German / French desirable
- Interest in the European car vehicle market and environmental policies is desirable
How to Apply: We are expecting to fill this position from April 2013 on. Please send your resume, cover letter summarizing your qualifications and experiences, a short writing or project sample, name and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the position name “Internship, Berlin 2013” as your message’s subject heading. Candidates will be considered on a first come, first served basis and the position will remain open until filled. We will directly contact candidates that are deemed qualified.
International Council on Clean Transportation, http://www.theicct.org