Latin America Internship – San Francisco, CA
Organization: International Council of Clean Transportation (ICCT)
Position Title: Latin America Internship
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full- or part-time, with a minimum of 20 hours/week. Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Dates: Open immediately, but also open to summer-only interns.
Application Deadline: Applicants considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The International Council on Clean Transportation is an independent nonprofit organization founded to provide first-rate, unbiased research and technical and scientific analysis to environmental regulators. Our mission is to improve the environmental performance and energy efficiency of road, marine, and air transportation, in order to benefit public health and mitigate climate change.
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) has an immediate opening for an internship position in San Francisco, CA. The primary focus of this position will be to provide technical and policy analysis related to new standards for fuel economy/greenhouse gas and conventional pollutants for passenger vehicles, including motorcycles and three-wheelers in Mexico and Brazil. This position will work directly with staff working in Latin America and may also interact with a number of partner organizations and government agencies around the world.
Working under the direction of the regional strategic lead and in close collaboration with the Latin America researcher and Brazil and Mexico leads, tasks for this position include:
- Researching and evaluating policies and methods for implementing conventional pollutant and fuel economy or greenhouse gas standards for passenger and heavy-duty vehicles;
- Gathering data and supporting use of ICCT models for estimating the costs and benefits of proposed policies;
- Researching and helping to write policy briefs and memos; and
- Helping to organize workshops and other outreach efforts in Latin America.
- Excellent research and writing skills required
- Familiarity and interest in mobile sources emission control policy
- Proficient in Excel and Word use
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is desirable
- Strong project/task management and organization skills
How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter summarizing your interests and qualifications, and a short writing or project sample to email@example.com. Use the position name “Internship, Latin America” as your message’s subject heading. Candidates will be considered on a first come, first served basis and the position will remain open until filled. We will directly contact candidates that are deemed qualified.
International Council on Clean Transportation, http://www.theicct.org
One Post Street, Suite 2700, San Francisco, CA 94104